Running Training Groups
What women love about Hooked on Running training groups.
- A positive, motivational environment for training.
- Training sessions are tailored to suit a variety of fitness levels and are inclusive of everyone
- Your training time is well spent. You can be sure your training will give you the most “bang for your buck”. We work hard to make sure that every minute of your training time gets you closer to your goal.
- We know what you like. We’ve been running training sessions for groups of women across a broad range of abilities for over 8 years
- You get results. We stay up to date with the latest research in exercise science, nutrition, and running technique.
- Your risk of injury is minimised, because you’re not overworked. We won’t push you beyond your limits, but we won’t accept excuses either. You train smart, which sometimes means hard, sometimes not so much .
- Training with a group is fun and inspirationional
What to Expect
Hooked on Running training groups are a great way to train for a specific running event, or just to keep fit and learn more about running, even if you never enter a fun run. We use the ovals and surrounding streets for a variety of training including interval training, pacing practice, hill technique (up and down), and you will undertake time trials at regular intervals so you can gauge your progress. Learn how to stretch, the right way, learn how to increase your volume and intensity whilst minimising the risk of injury, and develop the technique that’s right for you- everybody is different.
Why Interval Training?
Quite simply, it’s the type of training you need to do to be able to run faster for longer. It’s a super effective way to improve your fitness and speed, and it’s great if you want to tone your body and develop some strength. In our groups, you’ll learn how to run at just the right pace both for racing and training.
Where and When?
We have running groups in the North of Sydney at Lindfield, Roseville, Mosman and Frenchs Forest. See our timetable for times and venues.
Required Fitness Level
You don’t need to be super fit to join our running groups. It’s our job to get you fit! Most fitness levels are catered for within the groups. In some of our groups we cater for runners from those doing their first 4km, to marathoners. We’ll modify your intensity and volume of running to suit your fitness level. If you have never run before, or struggle with consistently running for more than 15 minutes, then perhaps one of our Learn to Run courses would suit you.
Our training groups run on a per term basis, but we welcome new runners at any time! Training runs over four 11 weeks terms, from the end of January to December, with a one week break during school holidays. You can come to any session during the week if you need a flexible timetable.
Also included in your fees is access to the members’ area of our website, and a free training run on Sundays.
Fees for an 11 week term are $198, for one session per week, $356.40 for 2 sessions per week.
We will bill you on a pro-rata basis if you start part way through the term, so there’s no excuse. Register for a free trial today, and quickly get your training on track!!!!