Learn to Run: Beginners Running Program
- Do you love the idea of being able to run, but when you try it just seems too hard?
- Are you time poor, and need a time efficient form of exercise?
- Would you like to learn to run whilst minimising the risk of injury?
- Do you work well with the support of a group of like-minded women?
- Do you want to keep up with your kids, be a great role model, and show them that Mum’s still got it?
- Do you simply want to feel great?
We’ve been teaching women just like you to run for over 8 years now. The focus is on getting you running for 30 minutes without stopping within a 6 week period. We’re not too fussed how far you run, rather than the length of time you are running for. We’re also not fussed on having you run fast (at least initially). In fact, one of our biggest challenges is getting people to slow down enough to be able to run for longer!
It’s our belief if you’re too focused on being able to run a certain distance, you could be setting yourself up for either disappointment or injury. It’s an awesome achievement to go from not being able to run at all, to being able to run for 30 minutes without stopping, and that should be celebrated. Once you’ve reached that goal, you’ll then be fit enough to start looking at some distance goals, or a fun run if that’s your thing.
You’ll Surprise Yourself
If you’re like most of our learners, you’re probably thinking right about now, that there’s no way you could run for 30 minutes without stopping in 6 weeks’ time. We’ve been doing this for quite a while now, so we have a pretty good idea of how to motivate running L-platers, and give them the confidence to learn to run.
If you think it’s going to be too hard, could be that you’re doing a few things wrong, and we’d like to fix that.
In just 6 weeks, you could be a runner too.
How It Works
Here’s how we make sure you’re running for 30 minutes without stopping
- You come to one face to face workshop each week for 6 weeks
- We customise a training plan for you, based on your level of fitness, your exercise history and previous injuries
- You log your training in your online training plan and log. Your coach monitors your training, and tweaks your training plan based on how your body is adapting to training. She’ll motivate and support you, and be there to answer your questions
- You share your triumphs with the group on our exclusive Learn to Run Facebook page, and receive high fives from the rest of the group. You can give back a bit of love of your own as well.
We’ve guided hundreds of women on their running journey over the last 8+ years. Working towards a common goal with a supportive group of women, under the guidance of a professional coach is the best way we know to be sure of nailing your goal of becoming a runner. All it takes is a 6 week commitment from you. We do the rest.
Next Learn to Run Courses
The next Learn to Run courses will commence in late April 2018
How We Make Running Easy
By the end of the 6 session course, you’ll be running for 30 minutes without stopping.
- Kick your running off with a 90 minute workshop, jam packed full of technique and training tips which will make you wonder why you haven’t started before!
- Keep your training consistent, but attending another five weekly 60 minute training sessions
- Have your own personal running coach design a 6 week training program specifically for you.
- Access your own on-line training log, where you log your training for you coach to monitor. She’ll tweak your training based on how you’re coping, and motivate and support you
- Access to your own exclusive Learn to Run forum where you can share your triumphs, ask questions of your coaches, and connect with other L-platers