This delicious recovery meal is perfect for a leisurely breakfast after those long Sunday runs. The recipe delivers just the right ratio of carbohydrate and protein. Unlike recovery drinks, it offers up a good amount of fibre too.
For best results, eat within 30 minutes of completing your run.
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal flour
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen blueberries
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of carb soda
- 1 tablespoon of raw sugar
- Set a nonstick frypan over medium heat.
- Stir together the dry ingredients in a bowl
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs and milk together.
- Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients, and stir just until moistened.
- Spoon 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the hot frying pan.
- Sprinkle with blueberries.
- Cook until bubbles appear on the surface, then flip and cook until browned on the other side.