Learn to Run: Beginners Running Program
Due to Covid-19, all Learn to Run courses are on hold until further notice
- Do you love the idea of being able to run, but when you try it just seems too hard?
- Are you time poor, and need a time efficient form of exercise?
- Would you like to learn to run whilst minimising the risk of injury?
- Do you work well with the support of a group of like-minded women?
- Do you want to keep up with your kids, be a great role model, and show them that Mum’s still got it?
- Do you simply want to feel great?
All it takes is a 6 week commitment from you. We do the rest.
- Kick your running off with a 90 minute workshop, jam packed full of technique and training tips which will make you wonder why you haven’t started before!
- Keep your training consistent, by attending another five weekly 60 minute training sessions
- Have your own personal running coach design a 6 week training program specifically for you. This is not a generic program. Your training is based on how you progress through the course.
- Access your own on-line training log, where you log your training for you coach to monitor. She’ll tweak your training based on how you’re coping, and motivate and support you
- Access to your own exclusive Learn to Run forum where you can share your triumphs, ask questions of your coaches, and connect with other L-platers
We’ve been teaching women just like you to run for over 8 years now. The focus is on getting you running for 30 minutes without stopping within a 6 week period. We’re not too fussed how far you run, rather than the length of time you are running for. We’re also not fussed on having you run fast (at least initially). In fact, one of our biggest challenges is getting people to slow down enough to be able to run for longer!
It’s our belief if you’re too focused on being able to run a certain distance, you could be setting yourself up for either disappointment or injury. It’s an awesome achievement to learn to run for 30 minutes without stopping, and that should be celebrated. Once you’ve reached that goal, you’ll then be fit enough to start looking at some distance goals, or a fun run if that’s your thing.
You’ll Surprise Yourself
If you’re like most of our learners, you’re probably thinking right about now, that there’s no way you could run for 30 minutes without stopping in 6 weeks’ time. We’ve been doing this for quite a while now, so we have a pretty good idea of how to motivate running L-platers, and give them the confidence to learn to run.
If you think it’s going to be too hard, could be that you’re doing a few things wrong, and we’d like to fix that.