Kids Running Coaches
Co-founder of Hooked on Running, Richard has been running and coaching others in the sport he loves for over 30 years.
His qualifications include:
- Bachelor Human Movement Science , University of Wollongong
- Lvl 3 Athletics Coach, Athletics Australia
- Sporting Schools Australia, athletics, cricket and soccer coach.
- Cert IV Personal Trainer (Advanced Lvl), with Childrens Specialisation, Fitness Australia
- Trystars Coach, Triathlon Australia
- 35 years personal running experience on track, cross country, and road
- Lectured in Health and Fitness, TAFE NSW for seven years
- Over seven years’ experience coaching kids running and other sports
- Father to two young boys, Wilson 11, and Saxon 8, who are both mad for all things sport.
Richard’s sensible and measured approach to training has seen him stay mostly injury free over the 35 odd years he has been running. He is passionate about getting kids moving, and is particularly keen to help kids develop their full potential in the athletic arena. He has been a keen runner since a teenager, and still eagerly participates in local (and not so local) fun runs and track events, often as a preferred runner.